The Adoption Process
Many people ask us about our process for adopting our puppies... The following is a brief step-by-step explanation about our protocol. If there's anything you don't understand, please feel free to reach out to me and ask questions. We can be reached at 330.749.8763 (text or call) or at pinecoveretrievers.com. We understand that searching for a new puppy friend is important, and we're available anytime. (Since Sunday is our day of rest, all calls and messages will be returned on Mondays)
1. The first step is simple! And you may have already done this on your own... If not, here's the scoop. Call, text, email, or submit a form from this website telling us about the puppy that you're interested in. Be sure to ask any questions, such as but not limited to, our dogs, color, weight, puppy and parent personalities, vaccines, shipping versus picking up, and our family. We are delighted to answer any questions you might have.
2. Give us your email, and we will be happy to forward photos of the puppies you're interested in, as well as parent photos and information. As the puppies grow older, we also take videos... Feel free to ask for those as well. If we have some, we'll send them to your email!
3. Shipping is available! We work hand-in-hand with a few trusted companies to get your puppies delivered to an airport of your choice. If some areas, ground transportation is available as well, so if that's your preference, be sure to let us know.
4. If you would like to we can set up an appointment for you to come meet our puppies, their parents, and our family! It is a good way to get acquainted, socialize, and choose your new best friend. However, keep in mind, that our puppies are usually chosen quickly, and we are unable to reserve one for you without a deposit.
5. When you have decided which puppy you would like to adopt, we will ask for a $350 deposit to reserve him. I will send you a payment request to your email, from PayPal, with an attached note explaining the request. You can follow the link, and use either a credit or debit card, or a checking account to make the payment.(If you are unfamiliar with PayPal, let me assure you, it is a secure way to make a payment through a bank, and we will never have access to any of your accounts.) As soon as we receive the payment- we will go ahead and mark her sold on all of our sites, and he/ she will be reserved for you!
6. Our babies will be able to travel to their new homes once they reach eight weeks of age. Before that, we will continue to love them, socialize, and care for them in our home. If you have chosen a name for your new puppy, feel free to let us know and we'll begin using that name, to get them acquainted. In the weeks before your puppy is able to come home to you, we will be taking weekly photos and keeping you updated on their growth progress.
7. Make an appointment with a trusted licensed veterinarian within a week after your puppy comes home. We always have our veterinarian give them their first health checks before they leave our home, but in order for the health warranty to be valid, we need you to do the same. It assures both of us that we are on the same page! Check out the "New Puppy Tips" post in our available puppies menu for all the details on what you might need for the first few days with your new puppy. Again, if you have any further questions feel free to reach out to us at anytime.
8. The final payment. The rest of your balance is due before your puppy leaves our home. I can send you a link to make the payment through PayPal again, or (if you're picking him up) we also do accept cash payments.
9. Take your new puppy home. Enjoy him. Love him. Keep your veterinarian visit, and send us the results by email email@example.com And keep us posted on his progress! We love pictures and any updates you have to share. :)
10. We would appreciate you taking a moment to fill out a review form in our review menu. Any helpful tips of info that you have for our future potential families will be utilized. Thanks so much for trusting us to provide you with your new best friend!